WhatsApp announced a new feature that can restore deleted messages or chats. This feature is suitable for users who may accidentally delete messages when communicating in chat.
WhatsApp’s latest feature announcement is different compared to previous features. The reason is, this Meta’s application does not write about it on the official blog. However, it was announced directly by the Head of WhatsApp, Will Chatcart on his personal Twitter account on Tuesday (20/12/2022).
Cathcart explained that this feature is here to complement the features Delete for Me. A feature that can be used by users to delete messages in their chat column, but the message recipients can still see the message.
The reason is that the WhatsApp boss thinks that many users accidentally press the feature Delete For Men even though planning to suppress features Delete for Everyone or the feature to remove everyone.
“We have added an option to undo Delete for Me when you meant to delete for everyone but accidentally deleted just for yourself,” tweeted @wcathcart.
We’ve added the option to undo ‘Delete for me’ for those times when you mean to delete for everyone but accidentally deleted for just yourself. pic.twitter.com/Ec0RCJKWio
— Will Cathcart (@wcathcart) December 19, 2022
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Chats
The feature to restore deleted WhatsApp chats is now available to all users, including in Indonesia. However, be sure to do an update or update WhatsApp on smartphone first.
For more details, here’s how to restore deleted WhatsApp chats.
- Open the WhatsApp application on the smartphone.
- Please open a chat message in the WhatsApp group or another user’s private chat.
- Press the message you want to delete by pressing the message, within a few seconds.
- Click the trash can icon on the top right.
- Select Delete for Me or Delete for Me.
- If it has been clicked and the message has been deleted, a notification will appear that the message has been deleted. However, next to the features Undo or undo to restore deleted messages.
- This notification will appear in a few seconds. You can press Undo or Undo, to return, you can leave the notification because later the notification will disappear.
Okay, that was information about how to restore deleted chats on WhatsApp. Good luck!