Kaspersky warns football connoisseurs about the dangers phishing The 2022 World Cup. The cyber security company also provides a number of safe tips to avoid this cyber crime.
The 202 World Cup will be held in Qatar from 20 November 2022 to 18 December 2022. For nearly a month, all people of the world, especially those who like football, will turn their attention to this biggest sporting event.
Unfortunately, the enthusiasm of these football fans is used by a handful of people to do bad things, in the form of phishing. According to Kaspersky, major sporting events always attract the attention of cybercriminals.
With this 2022 World Cup, fraudsters are trying to get the most out of the situation in various ways. For example selling fake tickets online to watch matches at stadiums.
Then, there is also the site phishing who sells merchandise as well as a quiz with prizes of NFT assets. However, all of that is just a mere trick because of the perpetrators phishing just want to retrieve victim data.
“We encourage users to be careful when they receive offers that seem too good to be true and to always check the legitimacy of the messages they receive,” said security expert at Kaspersky, Olga Svistunova.
Safe Tips to Avoid Phishing in the 2022 World Cup
Kaspersky provides a number of tips, which can be used to avoid phishing World Cup 2022. You can apply some of these tips, so you don’t become a victim of this cyber crime.
- It’s safer to check links before clicking. Hover over it to preview the URL, and look for misspellings or other irregularities. The reason is that phishing sites often experience spelling errors in writing URLs.
- If you receive an email from an unknown account, it’s better not to follow the link from the email at all.
- Consider what type of information is requested. Legitimate companies don’t contact you randomly via email, and ask for personal information such as banking or credit card details, social security numbers and more.
- Use a reliable security solution, such as Kaspersky which identifies dangerous attachments and blocks phishing sites.
- Grammar and spell checker or grammar spelling is an effective way to identify scammers. Typo errors and bad grammar signal that the site is not an official and legal site.
These tips can be a guide so you can avoid cybercrime phishingand can enjoy the 2022 World Cup sporting events more safely.